When I was growing up, my family never ate many dried beans, they just weren't something that was used much in NZ cuisine. If I did eat beans, it was always from a can (and most likely baked beans). And until recently I was still using beans from a can, but it can be difficult to get organic beans, and to find cans not lined with BPA. Then I had an opportunity to buy some organic dry goods in bulk, so I bought 5kg of kidney beans, 5kg of adzuki beans and 5kg of chickpea (garbanzo beans). I know, that is a lot of beans. And then I didn't really know what to do with them! Not just what dishes to put them in, but how to prepare them, I just didn't know what method to use. So I decided it was time to learn how to use all these beans that I bought, here's what I found out. I started with an excellent ebook called The Everything Beans Book , from Katie at Kitchen Stewardship, which has lots of bean recipes, but more importantly, an explanation of h...
Looks like a great holiday . Regards Kathy A, Brisbanr
ReplyDeleteAh, “green, green, green grass”, it looks so lush, if only we could have some more rain. We had 60ml last week which put some water in our dam but not enough to fill it. I hope you got some out your way too Liz. From your photos it looks like you had a lovely holiday.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics ... I hope you had a fabulous time. Love the shot of the geyser, I have lived here for years and never ever seen one.
ReplyDeleteIt looks perfect, different from your everyday with all that green.
ReplyDeleteYou have a jacket on! It is hard to think that it is colder else where sometimes. Great photos Liz and glad you had a great time. Your Mum's veggies look pretty darn good. Green thumb is definitely in your genes.
ReplyDeleteWe had a holiday in that area a few years ago and had a great time. Love visiting NZ. Thanks for sharing the pics.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great holiday, I love New Zealand, it's always so lovely and green.
ReplyDeleteWe are heading over in Feb for my mother in laws 80th birthday.